[linux-dvb] Sound output from skystar 1

 I know some updates have been performed on some sound handlings of 0.9
drivers.
 I would like to know if the following issue can be solved for the 0.8.2
drivers. If there isn't a fix, maybe someone can explain me what should
be done, and I'll try it myself.

 Here's the problem :

 This applies to the audio output jack on the DVB card with headphones
connected there. It is not distortion by overdriving the audio output
stage. It has completely different characteristics.
 If it is usefull, I can record it and put a MP3 exemplifying it on a
website.

- on many channels, audio that is outputed on the card's minijack audio
out is partially good, partially garbage.
- on some channels all audio is fine.
- when audio contains garbage, the following situations can happen :
 - low volume sounds are ok, higher volume sounds are garbage
 - background sounds, music is ok, speech in foreground is garbage
 - on a polish channel where they translate by a person speaking on
polish over the movie, the movie's original soundtrack was perfect,
while the polish translator's voice was impossible to understand.

 For all cases where there are sound problems as described above, if I
record the stream and play it back on another computer (I don't have a
sound card on this one), sound is perfect. No problems.

 Also, I remember that when I was trying the windows drivers on this
machine, some channels with bad sound (ie Sat1, N24) with these drivers
today, were ok, so I'm sure it must be a small driver problem.

 Please help, I've just installed cables to my TV set to watch Digital
channels via the skystar 1 receiver and it is almost useless...
 Please help.

 Thank you.
--
ing. Andrei Boros