[linux-dvb] 0.9.2 - dvbd3 - 2.4.7 kernel - SkyStar1 - EON

I read something about an incompatibilty between the
latest drivers(0.9.X) and dvb3 ... I have Red Hat 7.2
with 2.4.7 kernel on my server and i'm trying to
connect to Europe Online. First problem i had after
compiling drivers and insmod was that i was'n able to
ifconfig dvb0 up - i was getting dvb0 no such
device.After this i found a script on
linux.org.by/articles/ called network_activator ..this
one brings up dvb0_0 interface

ifconfig dvb0_0 192.168.4.1
ifconfig dvb0_0 hw ether 00:02:D9:9C:90:43

but i'm not sure that the MAC is correct while i did
just as it sais there to put it like this
00:02:A:B:C:D
where A.B.C.D is my internet ip.
  Anyway
 i compiled dvbd but it gave me some ioctl - invalid
argument error when i was running it -> in this line
ioctl(vid, VIDIOCSFRONTEND, &front) - i commented the
goto finish; line so now dvbd it doesn't exit anymore
.  when i run it it outputs the freq and other
parameters repeating itself. - i don't know if this is
normal and if the ioctl that gives the error has any
importance in data reciving from Europe Online
sattelite... but any transponder IP i ping i don't get
a reply ...
so i ask
 Is it the dvbd that doesn't work becose of the
VIDIOCSFRONTEND in /dev/video0 or thats only for video
?
 OR if dvbd works the way i modified it than is it the
MAC that is wrong set?
 and finaly: Do i have a chance to get my skystar 1
card recive data from EON with kernel 2.4.7?
0.8.X drivers give me compilation errors
Any extra info i could get would be usefull.
I only need the DVB to recive data.
 Thank you