[vdr] Problem with RGB-OUT on Philips 16:9 TV

Hello all,

after struggling with the decision to buy a new TV for many years, VDR
pushed me over the edge. Now i would like to have RGB connection to the
DVB rev 1.3 card.

The TV set (Philips 32-PW8807) has three SCART with the following
capabilities:

  1: RGB+CVBS
  2: RGB:YC+CVBS
  3: CVBS

Starting the vanilla driver (tried 0.9-20010921 &&
siemens_dvb-0.9-20011117) the effect is the following:
  1: TV set does not switch on (standby, red light).
  2+3: CVBS (FBAS) selected.

I have measured the cable connections 3 times now. Wild guesses:

 - the tv needs another SCART pin to start RGB
 - The signal is too bright, so the TV decides not to use the signal
 - card defect

Is there someone with RGB SCART experience (and maybe a Philips TV) who
can help ?

Thanks in advance,

 - Thomas
--