[linux-dvb] Re: DVB in South Africa

> I am trying to get a TT Rev1.3 card working in South Africa (all channels
> scrambled using the IrDeto system).  I have tried both the 0.8.2 driver
> (with the patch) and the latest 0.9.3 drivers - both without success.
> System is Debian unstable, with 2.2.16 kernel (recompiled with make-kpkg.

You need a 2.4 kernel for the 0.9 drivers. You should also be using the
latest CVS snapshot (e.g. from http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/). Chances to
get your CIM to work a higher with the 0.8 driver, though ,-)

> get a black screen saying "Convergence", but no picture.  Ever so often,
> the ARM will crash and be reloaded (every 30s or so).

That sounds like your CI module isn't supported by the driver. You might
want to try John Williams' alternate driver (http://www.linuxdvb.tv/driver/)
which uses Technotrend's windows firmware.

Regards,
hh