[linux-dvb] Re: Result: no RGB output possible :-(

Hi Matthias (2) and all,

To Matthias Lötzke:

I've wrote the following paragraphas mostly before your last msg, but
I'll keep its. BTW, I can't access your page in the whole day, so I don't
know your approach :-).

At 13:15 19/01/2002 +0100, Matthias Fechner wrote:
>Hallo Matthias,
>
>* Matthias Lötzke <Matthias@Loetzke.de> [19-01-02 12:12]:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I am sorry to inform you that it is definitly not possible to get RGB or
>> S-video signals out of a DVB-s rev 2.1 card. The necessary signals are
>> not transported out of the DSP.
>
>But if i create this lines, it should be possible or did i understand
>you wrong?

The problem is that the RGB "pins" (more specifically balls) can't be
accessed, as its are under the package. I'm working also in this line,
studying the feasibility of preciselly drill the PCB over the RGB balls,
to solder three wires. I know that the board is multilayer and that some
measures should be taken to avoid the "shortcircuits" with the added
wires.

I don't think that I'll dare to do it, as the risk to destroy the board
is high, but I'm at the "fun" of know if it's possible :-).

Other problem is that aren't know the "pin numbers" that carry the RGB
outputs. If someone have the pin_out of the TMS320AV711x, it will be
great to know more :-).

To start, I took a high resolution X-ray picture of the board and scaned
it; the full board file have 7MB and I've done two clips of 4.6 and 1.2
MB, for the related area; I don't have problems to send, but it will be
better to put its on public access.

Next, I've draft the related PCB area in Tango CAD soft (v1.2), taking
the coordinates and tracks from the normal and X-ray pictures; the idea
is to infer the balls used for the RGB outputs, by elimination of the
ones that are used in 2.1 boards and the "routability" of the RGB tracks
that are on 1.3 boards; I'm confident on my findings, but of course, I
could be wrong. I'll trie to convert this "PCB design" to a form more
easy to share, but I know only of PCL (HP Laserjet III, printer
language).

Best regards:

--
Roberto Deza Asensio