[linux-dvb] Re: RemoteControl and DVBs-Rev1.3

Vincent Legoll wrote:

> Hello,
>
> perhaps someone here will know something about the
> strange remote control which is packaged with the
> latest revision of the hauppauge DVBs card (2.1, I
> think, the one that don't have a lnb loop through).
>
> There is nothing about it in the box, no software on
> the CD, no doc (btw, the doc only talks about
> previous revision boards, so...)
>
> I really want to make this beast work under linux...

Yes, that will be the v2.1 board (printed along the top edge of the
card).

I recently bought a Hauppauge v2.1 board, which also came with this
remote control.
True, there's nothing mentioned on the box, but the manual in my box (a
photocopy, not a printed manual was supplied!) DID include information
about the remote control.

What language manual do you have? Hauppauge have a downloadable manual
for the v2.1 cards in both english and german on the website, so maybe
that will help you.

As to getting it working, I haven't tried (I already have a serial-port
IR receiver), but I believe that VDR also supports the older DVB
remote-control that attaches to the daughter card, and I would hope that
this remote will be very similar.

Cheers,

Matt