[linux-dvb] Re: ANNOUNCE: dvbstream-0.4pre1

Dienstag, 29. Januar 2002 at 18:39 Wolfgang Wershofen wrote:

> Dienstag, 29. Januar 2002 at 17:39 Dave Chapman wrote:

>> Hello,

>> I've just uploaded my current development version of dvbstream (0.4pre1).  It
>> can be found at http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbstream/

>> See the README file included for details on what has changed.  Note: the
>> documentation may not be 100% accurate - it's a development release.

>> The most useful new feature is the simple "-o" switch.  This lets you tune
>> your card to a channel and dump the stream to stdout.  If you have been using
>> dvbstream and dumprtp on the same machine in the past, this will help.

>> You can then pipe the output of "dvbstream -o" through "ts2ps" (from the
>> apps/mpegtools directory in the driver source) and then into "mplayer"
>> (http://www.mplayerhq.hu) for live software playback.

>> For example, to watch CNN on Astra 19, use the following command line:

>> dvbstream -f 12168 -p v -s 27500 -o 165 100 |
>> ts2ps 165 100 |
>> mplayer -cache 4096 -

>> [That should all be on one line]

>> 165 and 100 are the video and audio PIDS for CNN.  You may be able to get
>> ts2ps to autodetect these values by using "ts2ps 0 0", but you may as well
>> type them in if you know them.

>> I would recommend keeping up to date with the CVS version of mplayer - it is
>> being developed very quickly.

>> For UK Nova-t users, you can use the following command to view BBC1 from the
>> Crystal Palace transmitter:

>> dvbstream -f 505833 -o 600 601 | ts2ps 600 601 | mplayer -cache 4096 -

>> My next development of dvbstream is to include the "ts2ps" conversion in
>> dvbstream itself - this will then give you the choice of streaming either a
>> TS or a PS.  It should be much easier to find suitable clients for a PS than
>> TS.

>> Regards,

>> Dave.

> Dear Dave,

> I haven't used your software up to right now, but be shure I will in the
> near future.

> Your words about simplifying DVB-Stuff for "bugdet"-Users sound great.
> Thanks for being a light at the end of the tunnel, since I haven't yet made
> it to bring my TT budget-Card to life under Linux.

> Keep up the good work as I will keep trying to watch digital TV under
> Linux - hopefully with you software.

Ooooh my gooood!!! It works! I get a perfect tv picture and sound!!!

Thanks again, Dave, dvbstream-0.4 did it.

Now I can move on to get internet-reception over satellite going.

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com