[linux-dvb] Re: Convert VDR/DVB Recording with FFMPEG

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 01:02:38AM +0100, mocm@convergence.de wrote:
> Axel Gruber writes:
>
>  > So - if anyone have a working-Way to make a REAL-MPEG1 Movie out of
> a DVB/VDR-File
>
> If you use two terminals you could do:
>  ntuxplayer mpeg2file.mpg
>  ffmpeg  -vd /dev/video -s 352x288 mpeg1file.mpg
>
> or use vdr for playback. Some other option for ffmpeg should be used
> to increase/decrease bitrate or resolution to fit your processor
> speed. Maybe mp1e is better, but I haven't installed that yet.

I'm using mp1e (CVS version) on a v4l-device (a bt8x8 card).
For getting best results I have to use bttv-0.8.x and hence v4l2.

I also  tried mp1e on the v4l-device provided by the dvb card and the
modules saa7146_xx. But...
The resulting pictures look like  "inverted" pictures.

ffmpeg works an both devices. Even the latest version of ffmpeg is
slower than mp1e.

--
Frank