Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[linux-dvb] dvbstream 0.4pre2 - PS streaming and mplayer patch
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [linux-dvb] dvbstream 0.4pre2 - PS streaming and mplayer patch
- From: Dave Chapman <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:36:48 +0000
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
I have just released a new version of dvbstream, my application for
RTP-streaming live DVB broadcasts over a LAN. It is available in the usual
This version includes an built-in "ts2ps" converter (taken from Marcus
Metzler's code) and can both RTP-stream a PS or send it to stdout for
recording or live playback.
The default streaming format is still TS, but if you specify exactly two PIDs
(video first, then audio), and the "-ps" switch, then it will stream the data
as a PS.
This release also includes a very small patch to the latest CVS version of
mplayer (just the file main/libmpdemux/network.c) that "turns on" the
expermental rtp support that already existed.
So, you can now stream and view live TV using the following commands:
server# dvbstream -f 12324 -p v -s 27500 512 650 -ps
client# mplayer rtp://22.214.171.124:5004/ -cache 2048
Or you can locally view live TV using the command:
dvbstream -f 12324 -p v -s 27500 512 650 -ps -o | mplayer -cache 2048 -
dvbstream should now also be compatible with other clients that can play
MPEG-2 program streams.
To unsubscribe send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "unsubscribe linux-dvb" as subject.
Main Index |