[linux-dvb] Re: LinuxDVB/VDR newsserver?

Sonntag, 3. Februar 2002 at 17:27 Matt Tovey wrote:

> But I worry a bit about the 'German-only groups' idea. I think the
> majority of the people on the lists are german, and there is a danger
> that important threads would take place on these german groups and the
> rest of the world would be excluded.

That's my opinion, too. Since this whole DVB-Stuff - especially under
Linux - is nothing for the "click-and-go"-community. One has to be
able to read and understand English to get things running. So I think,
English is the right language to communicate with everyone in this list.
Besides, two lists on the same topic in different languages will always
have a high degree of duplication but will never be equal. So, to get the
whole story, you will have to read both lists  - if you are able to.

Perhaps, most people on the list are German, but I don't want to miss a
usefull hint from somebody, who doesn't speak German. So let's keep this
list in English as most people in the world - especially envolved in
computing issues - understand this.

Best regards from Germany and pls excuse my broken English. ;-)
Wolfgang