[linux-dvb] Re: Installing dvb card ???

Hi!

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, IES BEN HAMIDA wrote:
> this is my first message, in fact I have some problem in installing dvb
> card, I know that I need to install i2c & videodev first of all, but I
> dont now how. Please can you help me step by step. I use mandrake 8.1,
> kernel 2.4.8.

First type as root

    insmod i2c-core
    insmod videodev

If it passes without errors or warnings the needed modules are already
present. Maybe the modules are even already loaded - the better for
you. Else learn about configuring and installing a new kernel including
modules - and choose

    [m] I2C support
    [m] I2C /proc interface	// <-- this is not urgently needed,
				// but IMHO a great help
    [m] Video For Linux

while you are walking through `make [x|menu]config`. Then tell about your
next problems... DVB related.

Bye,
     Rolf