[linux-dvb] Re: Proposal for MHP extension

Hi Martin,

This will be a great idea but I don't thing it will be possible because of NDA
problems. Every company doing MHP STB (even Philips has 2 MHP stacks),
have their own piece of code which has a copyright.
(mainly C code linked to JAVA using JNI or ...)

But there is an issue, we can do a layer (compliant SUN DVB as describe
here: http://java.sun.com/products/specformhp) which is linked to the
driver dvbd using those DVB PCI cards.
With those PCI cards, we can get the TS and generates Java classes
files from this DSMCC carousel object to the hard disk, then we can do
a bytecode interpretor in C which renders everything over the OSD display
of the dvbd driver.
I don't think it's a big deal but just pieces of code to stick together and
some time to spend on this kind of emulator.

Regards.
---
Karl ROUSSEAU - JAVA iTV Software Manager
NPTV - "Ready for a new 'i' on TV ?" - http://www.nptv.fr
Republic Alley - 18 rue du Faubourg du Temple - 75011 PARIS
Tel: 33 (0)1 55 28 89 89 - Fax: 33 (0)1 55 28 89 90