[linux-dvb] Re: Infrared and CI

Munaut Sylvain wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a hauppauge wintvdvb. With it i have a IR receiver ( shipped
> withe the card and that is plugged on the Card ). And a CI interface
> with a CAM. When a don't plug in the CI into the card, the IR is working
> but when i plug the CI into the card, it doesn't work anymore .... What
> should i do ???

Hallo

I had the same problem (Hauppauge DVBs Rev. 2.1, CI-Interface PCI slot
version).

If you have a CI-Interface for the 3 1/2 " floppy slot, there is a
jumper on the CI-Interface to select where you plug in the IR-receiver.

On the PCI slot version you have to connect the IR receiver to the
CI-Interface.
Therefor  you need a adapter from 2,5 mm to 3,5 mm. If you don't find
one by your dealer, you can get one for free from Hauppauge.

MfG
Johann Andorfer