[linux-dvb] black borders in xawtv

Hi folks,

i'm still fiddling around with my linux based video recorder. After having
found out how to get my nvidia-video-board to give me a nice PAL overscan
signal (http://sf.net/projects/nv-tv-out), I decided to not use the
composite out of the DVB board but the svhs out of the graphics board. DVD
playback already works wonderfully, but I have problems with the DVB
stuff.

I'm using xawtv just for telling the hardware to put an overlay from the
DVB board on the X display - after quitting xawtv, the overlay still
works. But the overlay region is not completely filled up with the TV
picture, there are borders at the left, at the right and at the bottom of
the overlay region. When taking a screenshot with xawtv, I get a 768x576
picture (PAL size). When examinig it with a picture viewer, the left
border is about 14 pixels, the right border is about 12 pixels and the
bottom border is about 3 pixels. Where do these borders come from? Is it a
DVB driver, v4l or xawtv problem? Is there a solution for getting around
this problem?

Is there a way to put the overlay on the X display without an application
like xawtv?

Thanks, Jonny <jonny@1409.org>