[linux-dvb] Re: devfs

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 08:23:22PM +0200, Joerg Friedrich wrote:
> I use devfs. when I load the dvb-modules the devices can be found in
> /dev/dvb/card0/
>
> The Problem is that most application expect the devices in /dev/ost.
>
> At the moment I use the devfsd to create links to /dev/ost/ when the
> devices are created.
>
> Is there any solution planned?

Using devfsd is the solution. If you want to contribute your
devfsd configuration send it to Ralph or Marcus for inclusion
in the driver disribution.

The NEWSTRUCT branch has renamed the devices to
/dev/dvb/adapter0/... (not shure why). Since the
frontend API changed also, updated apps should use the
new names, once NEWSTRUCT is ready for general use
(the makedev.napi for non-devfs systems in NEWSTRUCT
is out of date wrt to device naming).

Regards,
Johannes