[linux-dvb] Re: Announcement, new driver features

Michael Moster wrote:

> I'am sorry, cvs is installed on my server,
> but i'am not able to configure a waiting process to a special port (2401), because i've no root access there to edit the inetd.conf. :-(
> If you know another solution, i stay in berlin from monday to wednesday and have some free time on monday evening

noooo! you should use ssh access, not the unsecure and difficult to
setup pserver setting!

If you have ssh on that server, using cvs over it is as simple as 1-2-3;
set on the client

export CVS_RSH=ssh
then use cvs normally with

cvs -d :ext:loginname@hostname:/bla bla bla

if you checkout your project once then you can safely skip all the -d
parameter next times (and you will never have to give the login
command). If you upload your ssh public key on the server you won't even
have to type the password as all the traffic is automatically encrupted
and authenticated.

bye
as