[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T not working with 'old' driver

Friday Sep 27 09:45:17 +0300 2002 Lauri Tischler <lauri.tischler@efore.fi> wrote:
> Tomi Ollila wrote:
> >
> > It should not be hard to find the exact source code lines where those
> > are defined (seems to be in dvb.c)...  Anyway, it is the application that
> > sets those values too (i.e.. you need to patch vdr/dvbstream/etc. (also) to
> > use correct values).
>
> Yep, I think I found it, in dvbapi.c the parameter guard-interval is 1_32,
> it should be 1_8, qam and trans.mode were correct.

Hmm, that is true. dvb_defaults.h dvbstream/dvbtune/... has that correct
in FINLAND settings.

> I got following information from Finnish network provider:
>
> Network Name		:[0]Digita Finland
> Transport Stream ID	: 0x1001
> Original Network ID	: 0x20F6
> Bandwidth		: 8MHz
> Constellation		: 64 QAM
> Hierarchy Information	: Non Hierarchical
> Code Rate		: 2/3
> Guard Interval		: 1/8
> Transmission Mode	: 8K
>
> Maybe this info should be added to drivers and vdr as conditional code
> for each country.

I second that. The way dvbtools does it could be good candidate (If I can
promote my own suggestion ;)

Even though the final responsibility of setting those values correctly
is the  application, since the driver also sets those (for defaults),
there should be good mechanism to flexible choose country/area/region
defaults.

> Cheers...

Tomi