[linux-dvb] Re: problems with dmxSctFilterParams and NEWSTRUCT

Hi,

Jaakko Hyvätti wrote:
>   For what it is worth, I can confirm that letting EPG scan channels after
> the inactivity timeout kills the DVB NEWSTRUCT drivers.  In my case
> make rmmod; make insmod solves the driver lockup.  I am using vdr-1.1.8 as
> the later versions lock up the machine quite quickly and I am too lazy to
> find out why.

could please one of you try to find out where exactly it hangs? When you
caused a lockup, use alt-sysrq-p (in the context of the locked process)
or alt-sysrq-t to generate the call trace for the dead process and then
please collect the symbol names for the EIP and call trace adresses.

You have to enable the sysrq key in your kernel config to let this work.

A list of symbol names including those of the loaded modules you can
generate using

$ cat /proc/ksyms | sort | less

thanks for your help,

Holger