[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DVB-C review

>Also, I didn't see where in the channels.conf to specify the qam to use, >but I do remember having seen something about that in this list, so I did >a dirty fix but would like to know if there is a patch or something
>I missed :-)
>
>Hardcoding dvr to one qam setting and putting all relevant channels in
>channels.conf gives a nicely working vdr! EPG data kind of sucks, not much

I don't know how others have done this, but i did a quick fix
using the channel.conf diseqc setting, which is not needed
in cable environment.

Modulation SetCableQAM(int i)
{
 if (i == 16) return(QAM_16);
 if (i == 64) return(QAM_64);
 if (i == 128) return(QAM_128);
 if (i == 256) return(QAM_256);
 return(QAM_64);
}

bool cDvbDevice::SetChannelDevice(const cChannel *Channel)

   case FE_QAM: { // DVB-C

        // Frequency and symbol rate:

#ifdef NEWSTRUCT

        Frontend.frequency = (Channel->frequency * 1000000UL);
        Frontend.inversion = INVERSION_AUTO;
        Frontend.u.qam.symbol_rate = Channel->srate * 1000UL;
        Frontend.u.qam.fec_inner = FEC_AUTO;
        Frontend.u.qam.modulation =  SetCableQAM(Channel->diseqc);
#else
        Frontend.Frequency = Channel->frequency * 1000000UL;
        Frontend.Inversion = INVERSION_AUTO;
        Frontend.u.qam.SymbolRate = Channel->srate * 1000UL;
        Frontend.u.qam.FEC_inner = FEC_AUTO;
        Frontend.u.qam.QAM = SetCableQAM(Channel->diseqc);
#endif

part of my channel.conf

TV1:283:C:128:5900:512:650:2323:1:17
TV2:283:C:128:5900:513:660:2323:1:33
MTV3 D:290:C:128:5900:305:561:817:1:49
NELONEN:162:C:64:6900:512:650:576:1:65

I also got the Hauppage DVB-C, from the same place you
got it:) I can't return mine, but if you are interested
I saw a place in Germany where they sell replicas for
209€+16%(vat), alas I don't remember the www of that company.
Should be easy to find with google. Several places in germany
sell it for 230-250€ + 20€ shipping...

Josce