[linux-dvb] Re: VES1820.c question

> > frontents/ves1820.c:
> >     162     if (tuner_type == 1)
> >     163         buf[3] = (freq < 174000000 ? 0x88 :
> >     164               freq < 470000000 ? 0x84 : 0x81) | (pwr << 6);
> >
> > Looks like the low/mid/high band selection code, but those frequencies
> > are not correct for the CD1516 (well according to the datasheet anyway).
>
> what settings do they suggest?

Low band: 51-171 MHz
Mid band: 178-450 MHz
High band: 458-858 MHz

The 174 MHz from the sources would be right, but the 470 MHz should be 454 MHz
according to the same logic? Haven't checked the actual register values but I
guess these are fine or it wouldn't work at all.

The Finnish HTV DVB-C network's highest frequency is in the lower part of the
mid band (so I wouldn't be affected either way), and for all I know all DVB-C
networks in the world are in that range :)

Just looking into the sources while waiting for my Siemens cards to arrive in
the mail, having heard various problems with QAM128 channels (even when
tuned, some video/audio corruption every few seconds) with these cards. No
tuning luck with NEWSTRUCT to QAM128 but luck with older driver. Also funny
because hardware-wise there is nothing about the card which would make them
not work with QAM128 (well nothing that has been identified yet).

> CD1516 is the name of the tuner box, sp5659c the name of the used PLL
> inside.
>
> Holger

Ahhh, didn't know :)
Thanks a lot,