[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T and RedHat 8.0

Hi,

After following the solution you suggested, 'make insmod' seems to work ok
from the DVB/drivers directory without the unresolved symbols errors I was
experiencing before. Thanks :)
Its strange that all I needed to do in RedHat 7.3 was to make sure the
kernel sources were in /usr/src (and the linux link) and copy across the
correct .config file, but in RedHat 8.0 I needed to run those make
commands in the kernel sources directory.

However, I have a new problem now :(
When I try to compile dvbstream, it can't find several files that are in
DVB/ost/include/ost directory (dmx.h, sec.h, frontend.h etc.). The
directory seems to be empty (driver was downloaded today from cvs).

Also, it seems to be using a grundig driver:

nls_iso8859-1           3516   1  (autoclean)
nls_cp437               5116   1  (autoclean)
vfat                   13084   1  (autoclean)
fat                    38712   0  (autoclean) [vfat]
dvb-ttpci              87376   0  (unused)
evdev                   5792   0  (unused)
ves1820                 5788   0
grundig_29504-491       5440   0
grundig_29504-401       5576   1
alps_bsrv2              5528   0
alps_bsru6              7852   0
dvb-core               51884   3  [dvb-ttpci ves1820 grundig_29504-491
grundig_29504-401 alps_bsrv2 alps_bsru6]

Is this correct? I'm sure I was using saa7146 when I had it working in
7.3.

Thanks,

Simon Crook