[linux-dvb] Re: Fwd: dvb-patch for 2.5er kernels

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:28:36AM +0200, Andreas Schultz wrote:

Hello again list ;-)

> Sorry, should have been more precise. It's agains NEWSTRUCT drirectly
> from CVS with Martin Fahr's patch (patch-dvb.ns.20020913.maf.bz2)
> applied and linux-2.5.42.
>
> The Config.in and Makefiles are for in-Kernel-Source-Tree builds only.
> You need to copy the driver with DVB/driver/patchkernel into you kernel
> source tree, replace the Config.in and Makefiles with the ones from my
> archive manualy and enable the driver in the kernel config.

OK ;-) So for the inclusion in the kernel 2.6/3.0 it's very short in
time till the freeze...
If i'am too lazy, does someone have an archive of all that already
patched, and Config.in, Makefiles replaced?

It would be tremendous to have DVB directly in the last 2.5 included ;-)

> Sorry, i have no X on the box. But vdr runs find. Also, i probably made
> a mistake when testing the PREEMPT kernel, so it might run even with
> preemption enabled.

Well, without X, you could try fbtv with fbdev, but maybe you don't have
fbdev (I could undertand that if the machine is only for VDR).
Last time I have compiled the driver for a 2.5 VDR was working fine, but
I cannot use xawtv/kvdr/... with it :-(

Thank you very much,

	Grégoire