[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T cards in the UK

> But it might be cheaper to find a dxr3 card instead (once the plugin for
VDR
> s fully functional) and a nova-t. Or just get a full DVB-S, enjoy sat
> channels, and a nova-t for UK channels :)

Well, sat channels are pretty much a non-starter in the UK unless you want
to watch 30-40 shopping channels, or speak German.

> I have to say £200 is an outrageous price :)

Yes. Even the Nova-T at about £95 is still pretty steep :/

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, but I think great leaps forward would be
made by some kind soul extending the existing MPlayer support to be a live
output device, then any mix-match of X11 / fbdev, dxr2, dxr3, etc. could be
supported immediately :/

Alternatively, DirectFB would seem to be an ideal candidate since it
supports libmpeg3 (plays MPEG1/2 video as well as MP3 audio) on current
popular chipsets like Savage3D/Matrox/Radeon/GeForce , etc.

gdh