[linux-dvb] Re: Using new driver with DVB-T

I know in theory it should only eat idle time but...

Just after I've loaded the modules (CVS as of a week ago) they eat about
45% of the CPU according to top..

This is on a P4 2gig.. and the machine feels slow.. infact very slow..
fast text (ie ls -asl of a big dir) in an xterm..

the moment a channel is tuned it drops down..

It is worrying that my machine becomes slightly crippled if the aerial is
removed :)

Are there not timeouts, or better still the ability to zigzag based on an
flag set(ioctl) or only when a device is in use?

Usually, when I am not using the dvb stuff, I remove the modules..

Cheers
cp