[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-mpegtools LARGEFILE support issue??

At least in RedHat 9 system the fseek() and ftell() functions are
defined as follows:

extern int fseek (FILE *__stream, long int __off, int __whence) __THROW;
extern long int ftell (FILE *__stream) __THROW;

and fseeko()/ftello()

extern int fseeko (FILE *__stream, __off_t __off, int __whence) __THROW;
extern __off_t ftello (FILE *__stream) __THROW;

(one can expect that when LARGEFILE etc. are defined, off_t is 64bit type)

(RH8 should be similar, the experiences that follows are done on RH8 system)

In short, if one wants to seek (absolute or relative) more than 2GB,
one must use fseeko() (at least in my system); seeks shorter than that
can be done using fseek(). I don't remember what ftell() returns when
offset is >2GB (either -1, or 32 low bits of the actual position).

Finally, in my experience, I've used dvb-mplex to re-multiplex > 5GB
file and lve to edit > 5GB files on my system. Both used to have
issues with largefile support; dvb-mplex had one Makefile issue and
lve changed fseek()s and ftell()s to fseeko() and ftello() in the
beginning of this year.

If there still is fseek()/ftell()s in dvb-mplex those should be
carefully examined (if not done already).

Tomi