[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-mpegtools LARGEFILE support issue??

My experience suggests that the version you compiled on Debian uses
ftell and that on SuSE is using ftello64.  The old binary which worked
fine on 6GB files on my Mandrake 8.0 or 9.0 system also failed when
copied to Mandrake 9.1.

It suggests to me that the older Mandrake systems were either using a
libc where O_LARGEFILE was defined by default for fopen calls or were
setup to call the equivalent of ftell064 anyway.  Comparing the include
files between my old and new setup doesn't reveal a problem - so perhaps
it lies with the version of libc supplied by Mandrake.

...perhaps I should go back to rolling my own system - at least you know
exactly where you are!!!!

Laurence

--
Laurence Culhane <mycroft@holmes.demon.co.uk>