[linux-dvb] Re: Can't tune to the Hi-Band

On Monday 02 June 2003 19:50, Michael Glaum wrote:

>    Uhh, err, flat-panel? Is this a linearly polarized Ku-band microstrip
>    antenna array, maybe with waveguide plumming? Where'd you get it?
Maybe, that's it. Got it from eBay - but it's not THAT uncommon...

>    Do you have a spectrum analyzer that can generate a 22kHz tone? When the
>    tone is off you can frequently pick up frequencies reaching up into the
>    high band. Turn the tone on and then figure out the frequency offset to
>    overlap your low tone-off spectrum. Can, hopefully, infer your LO
> freqencies.
Sorry, I'm not that well equiped...

>    It seems unlikely that your high LOF is 9750000kHz, that's typically the
>    low freq. Did you edit your szap program to read that?

Well, if I set the high LOF to 9750000 I can receive all channels between
11,7GHz and 12GHz. Set to 10600000 I can only receive the low-band.

The strange thing is, using the Hauppauge software with Windows, it works
perfectly with the preset values (9,75GHz, 10,6GHz, 11,7GHz).

Thanks a lot,

torben

--
torben@twilk.de