[linux-dvb] Linux DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre3

Hi all,

we uploaded a new prerelease tarball to the LinuxTV-Website:
http://linuxtv.org/download/dvb/linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre3.tar.gz. Below a raw list of changes.

This prerelease includes many bugfixes and improvements, please test and report any problems you encounter.

thanks to all who contributed,

Holger

btw: those of you who want to read their name in the contributors list please send us a note!

-----------
Changes for linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre3
o scan: considerable rewrite of section I/O using poll() instead of busy
waitingo scan: reports PCR PID and service type (01: TV, 02: radio,
>=03: other) in "pids" output format
o ves1820 patch by <jaakko@hyvatti.iki.fi> to distinguish different
PLL/Synthesizer combinations used by Siemens and Technotrend on their
DVB-C cards
o scan: attempt to parse the freqeuency-list descriptor for DVB-T (untested),
set INVERSION_AUTO for tuning (was 0 == INVERSION_OFF before),
patch from Franck Arnaud (with modifications) to restore scan output
to be usable by szap
o av7110: Sharing SDRAM between TT re-insertion and OSD to have more
video buffer; firmware version 0x2615
o dvb-core: fixed a deadlock in dvb_frontend.c
o av7110_loadkeys: keymap for universal remote controls by PHILIPS,
BAUR, INTERFUNK, MARANTZ, NECKERMANN, OTTIO VERSAND, QUELLE, THORN,
LIESENKOTTER, contributed by Poul Py
o API change: added VIDEO_EVENT_SIZE_CHANGED and VIDEO_GET_SIZE ioctl
(both implemented for AV7110 based PCI cards)
o API change: added SEC_VOLTAGE_OFF to turn off satellite frontend power
(implemented for alps_bsrv2 and stv0299 frontend drivers)
o various improvements to frontend drivers and frontend-thread handling
(ves1820, grundig_29504-401, alps_tdlb7, stv0299)
o disabled frontend zig-zap scan for DVB-C (improved tuning behaviour)
o fixes and extensions for the "scan" program, including VDR output
format
o fixed A/V sync bug with link-layer-CI firmware (always set PCR PID)
o fixes for IR remote control handling (key repeat, device addressing)
o added DMX_GET_STC ioctl
o added software section filter capability to av7110 driver
(module parameter "hw_sections")
o correct ADAC volume settings (av7110 driver)
o msp3400 volume control fixes for Siemens DVB-C cards

o ...and some things we don't remember. Check the CVS changelogs for
details, cvsps is your friend...