[linux-dvb] Re: dvb/cvs (2.4 mdk), modparm dvb_shutdown_timeout weirdness

Hi Guido!

Whether people considers it bug or feature, but by default when dvb
frontend device is closed, the dvb card is powered off, unless there
is dvb_shutdown_timeout which tells how long to wait until poweroff (value
zero means no poweroff). Main developers say "no DVB application should
ever close a device when it still needs it working." (you can find that
on the linux-dvb archives (;)))

Tomi