[linux-dvb] Re: Help on use of DMX_OUT_TAP (II)

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 01:12, Mike Bourgeous wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 June 2003 17:08, Tomas Andersson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 00:27, James Green wrote:
> > > What is special about ~9KB?
> >
> > The least common multiple of 188 and 204 is 9588. ;-)

188 bytes is the length of a TS packet.

> Perhaps try using a multiple of the packet size as your buffer size?

He is not reading TS but PES. PES packets have variable length.

James, I don't know the reason for this problem, but to say it again:
You should use DMX_PES_OTHER if you are recording. using
DMX_PES_AUDIO/VIDEO does not work (ok, it works for the av7110, but it
is a bug in the driver). just to make your code portable. ;)
DMX_PES_AUDIO/VIDEO must not be used unless output is DMX_OUT_DECODER.

However, if someone could fix this bug, I'd be very happy. It also
occurs when reading high traffic PSI data, even if reading is the only
thing one does without processing the data on a fast machine.

You can try using DMX_SET_BUFFER_SIZE, but I guess it won't help that
much.

Regards,
Andreas