[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Newbie

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 12:01:45AM +0000, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Okay I have tried that and forced to 'xv' mode using -vo xv ... Got 2
> seconds of stream before the stream hung ...

I've got it :)

It just suddenly clicked. The newer DVB drivers switch off the card
frontend after 5 seconds if they're not actually opened by any
application.  dvbtune/dvbstream don't keep them open...

So, by the time mplayer actually starts, the frontend is just closing,
hence a very short burst of video.

Unload your DVB drivers, and reload, ensuring you pass the argument
'dvb_shutdown_timeout=0' to the dvb-core.o module.

Have fun!
Gavin.