[linux-dvb] Re: Playing Video Only

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 10:22:48AM +0100, Tim Wiffen wrote:
> Is there a way to play just the video from a particular ES in mplayer.

> dvbstream -f FREQ -o VPID | ts2es VPID | mplayer -cache 2048 -

It's a bit clumsy, but I ran up against the same problem and solved it
with:

dvbstream -f FREQ -ps -o VPID APID | mplayer -nosound -

Where APID is just /any/ APID from that transponder - doesn't matter
which, because it'll just get ignored.

Poor, I know, but mplayer seems to be an incredibly dumb player for all
the work that's gone into it...

After all, what fool would /ever/ want to watch an MPEG stream with
video *without* *sound*. <guffaw> :/

gdh