[linux-dvb] Re: Support for DVB-C analog module

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Michael Hunold wrote:

> Hello Dominik,
>
> > it works for me. At least it seems so. Linux 2.5 is not working for me
> > very well (no ethernet, no sound, no ...)
>
> > Do you see a chance to port the stuff to 2.4.
>
> You can compile the "dvb-kernel" driver for 2.4 easily. Have a look at
> the "build-2.4" directory, it will compile the "dvb-kernel" against your
> currently installed 2.4 kernel.
>
> > I looked into it and it
> > the drivers are _really_ different (v4l/v4l2 ?)
>
> Yes. 2.5 is v4l2, 2.4 is v4l. For the "dvb-kernel" driver to work under
> 2.4, I backported the 2.5 video4linux-2 driver. Everything needed to run
> the driver is present in "build-2.4".
>
> As I have written in the docs, you should make sure that no
> video4linux-1 "videodev.o" module is lying around in /lib/modules, this
> will badly interfere with the driver.
>
> > As I said above, I don't have sound at all under 2.5, so I can't comment
> > on this.
>
> Trust me, it's not there yet. 8-)
>
> > The picture looks quite well now.
>
> I commited some more fixes yesterday, the picture is as good as it can
> get now.
>
>  > But I can't tune to all channels I
>  > have. Only abount half of them are visible.
>
> That's strange. I simply pass the value from the video4linux-2 tune
> i/o-control to the tuner, there is no additional logic. Are you sure you
> have selected the correct frequency-table within xawtv?
>
> CU
> Michael.
>

> --
> Info:

Hi Michael Hunold,

wooowwww. That was my first thinking, when i read your post on the ML.
Really Cool, what you guys do :)

As im not soo good in linux, i cant try the driver, because i use a 2.4.18
kernel version, and i do not know how to upgrade to 2.5.x

So i will wait a while to see what will happen. I only wanted to say, that
i love your great work. A BIG thank you.