[linux-dvb] Re: [DVB] PATCH: Handling failure of dvb_frontend_start in dvb_frontend_open [2.5.69-70]

On Fri 6 June 2003 15:44, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > You should look at copy_process.
>
> These will only happen if the kernel is pushed to it's limits.
>
> What I want to know is if you fixed it because you experienced a
> problem with it, or just because it wasn't done right?

I haven't experienced any problem, but as a general rule is a good idea to check
return code of kernel_thread even in situation of low load.

There are many of such check in source kernel...

Daniele.

PGP PKEY      http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=belch76@libero.it&op=index
ICQ#               104896040
Netphone/Fax  178.605.7063