[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Newbie

On Friday 06 June 2003 23:13, you wrote:
> When I open up in Xine it is all choppy and blocky ... Could it be the
> MPEG2 library that I have installed? I think I shall go and by a

I don't really understand what's happening to be honest. :( I doubt it's any
MPEG library because all 'dvbstream' is doing is taking the MPEG2 data coming
out of the card, filtering out a couple of PIDs and saving it to disk - no
software decode going on....

Xine is a program I've never used to be honest :/

Does anyone else have any ideas?

> Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 card tomorrow so I have hardware encoding then.

<blink>

It'd be nice to have such disposable income :)

That card isn't really going to help you with VDR unless you want to hook up
an analogue input like a Sky Digibox or camcorder...

gdh