[linux-dvb] Re: hw_sections=0 causes disrupted recordings

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Apparently the recent change in av7110.c to have hw_sections=0 by default
> causes heavily disrupted recordings.
>
> I suggest setting the default back to '1', which used to work fine all
> the time. This will save us from lots of inquiries from users who use
> the driver with the default settings.

I looked a little deeper into this and found that in StartHWFilter() the
'mode' is initialized to 0xb96a, which is the value necessary to allow
simultaneous recording and replay. In case of DMX_TYPE_SEC and hw_sections=1,
this will be overwritten with mode=4. So I guess the root of the problem is that
in case of hw_sections=0 'mode' remains at 0xb96a, which I assume causes the
section data to be transferred via the same channels as TS data and thus
results in disrupted recordings.

I'm not sure what the correct value for 'mode' would be in this case, but
maybe one of the driver developers can use this hint to fix this.

Klaus