[linux-dvb] Re: Howto setup a multicast network connection?

Holger Kiehl wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Hugo Van Ruyskensvelde wrote:

Hi,

To receive IP datagrams with your DVB card , go to the directory apps/dvbnet in your DVB driver directory. Now change the file net_start.sh as follows

./dvbnet -p 100 ./dvbnet -p 300

/sbin/ifconfig dvb0_0 192.168.238.238 /sbin/ifconfig dvb0_1 192.168.238.238
/sbin/ifconfig dvb0_0 hw ether 01:02:03:04:05:06
/sbin/ifconfig dvb0_1 hw ether 01:02:03:04:05:06

This way you receive the HRIT IP datagrams and the anouncement channels.
You can see the raw data with a network 'sniffer' like ethereal.

Thanks for the information, I will try this as soon as I have put in the
Technisat2 card, since it looks as if the KNC1 is not supported.
Theoretically it should bne supported, but since there was only a little feedback from card owners on this list I'm not sure if this was tested well after the last driver changes.

Can you please report a little more in detail what the problem is?

Holger