[linux-dvb] Re: Slow i2c problem -- temporary patch

Hello Andrew,

1) Is there a reason for the i2c bitrate to be set to 10kHz right now? Perhaps some cards have very slow i2c components? It is fine on the tda10045h-based cards
My analog cards have rather slow i2c components, but 10kHz is really the lower bound. I never bother to change it, because only a couple of bytes are send on these cards.

2) I've changed the wait-for-status-delay to use mdelay()... which is not ideal as we are now effectively busy waiting, but the current 1 jiffy delay is WAY too much at the new speed. At 275kHz, it doesn't delay for long enough for this to be significant though.
If Robert's code works reliable, we should go for that and don't wait at all and use a higher transmission rate.

CU
Michael.