[linux-dvb] Re: New tda10045h patch

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
Hi, attached is a new tda10045h patch. It fixes the memory leak I described.

I've had some time to test it. I multicasted three streams round my network with vls. Normally, it was perfect, but there was the occasional problem.....

Occasionally, vls would report that it encountered a discontinuity in the SI information. I'd usually say this was just corruption, but it happens much more frequently than normal... say about 4 events in 5 minutes. I usually see about one event every few hours.

Anyone else get this? Up to now, I've been using a much older revision of the dvb-kernel driver.... this isn't a slight issue with the new code is it? Or maybe its some issue with the i2c... vls does poll the frontend status quite frequently.

I only have access to the UK DVB-T signals, so I know that tuning to a 8MHz, 2K transmission mode signal is OK (apart from the issue above).

Robert says his windows code definitely tunes to 7MHz signals.. can someone try the linux driver on one of these signals please?
thanks, applied. Would you like to get a r/w CVS account so that you can maintain driver updates on your own?

Holger