[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with TechnoTrend dec2000-t USB

Holger Waechtler escribió::
 > I changed the code again, could you please retry?
thanks for your patience -- unfortunally I don't have such a box here,
This version (1.18) doesn't produce panics in sched.c any more. I can set up the receiver with dvbtune, however, I still don't receive any data.

Interestingly, if I set V-PID and A-PID to be the same, the kernel panics completely, thus I'm unable to capture the panic text.

Some questions:
1) Are V- and A-PIDs necessary at all for networking?
2) Does it, in theory, suffice giving (arbitrary) MAC and IP addresses to the dvb interfaces?
3) (OT) Besides copying it by hand, is there a means to get a panic message when the computer blocks out completely?

Thank you very much for your efforts!
David.