[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-ttusb-budget with dvb-kernel 2.4

David Mittelstädt wrote:
Hi, im a newb to DVB on linux and have some problems with the driver. I installed the dvb-kernel 2.4 driver (for a tt-usb satellite/hauppauge nova usb-s) on my mandrake 9.1 with kernel-2.4.21-0.18mdk successfully and then loaded the module. dmesg output:

usb.c: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge USB-Nova
ttusb_probe: TTUSB DVB connected
ttusb_init_controller: stc-version: V 1.1
ttusb_init_controller: dsp-version: 0.0
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB).

now i compiled dvbtune to test if the driver is working. dvbtune outputs me the following when trying dvbtune -f somefreq

frontend: 3FRONTEND DEVICE: : No such file or directory

so i took a look at my /dev/dvb/ and found that there was a adapter0 but no frontend0.
can anybody tell me what i did wrong and how i can solve this problem.
have you loaded grundig_29504-491.o? If so, can you please verify that this tuner is really soldered into your Nova-USB box and Hauppauge is not using a new tuner module?

Holger