[linux-dvb] Re: Missing LOCK with tda10045h

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
On Friday 20 June 2003 21:13, Ben McKeegan wrote:

I get exactly the same ber pattern of a 000040f8, followed by 00000000.
It is only when the ber changes to 00000000 that the driver starts calling
tda10045h_init on each iteration.

Apologies for taking a while to get back on this, but I've been too busy at work.

OK..... theres a flag in the driver which prevents tda10045h_init() being called more than once. The only time this is reset is if the upper layers of DVB tuning code resets the tda10045h with FE_RESET. I'll have a look into this issue.
FE_RESET was intended to reset the demod's irq bits and is called on a regular basis when receiption is unstable. In the early days we had to do this because the L64781 Stream engine locked up if we did not cleared these bits regulary. Now we're using a different stream mode and this call is obsolete.

Maybe we should remove it or at least rename it -- the name is pretty misleading.

Holger