[linux-dvb] Re: driver-stability

At 19:57 19/06/2003, you wrote:
What happens if no cable to the satellite is connected - will the driver
simply ignore this or will there be problems with stability or strange things
can happen?
It introduces problems here. I have a DVB-T budget and a full featured DVB-s. If there's no proper stable signal on the DVB-s and I'm only using the DVB-s to decode streams from DVB-T in vdr transfer mode it will die within about 4 hours with outcom errors and eventual ARM crashes. With a strong signal on the DVB-s it's been stable in DVB-T transfermode for almost a week without any outcom errors or ARM crashes.

0.9.4 did not have show a problem with missing or weak signal on the DVB-s and replaying.