[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T and zigzag scans question

From: "John Dalgliesh" <johnd@syd.microforte.com.au>
> I'm not using standard tools, but I can tell you that in order to receive
> Channel 9 in Sydney which is supposedly on 191.5MHz, I have to go up to
> the next step size, e.g. 191.6MHz does it fine. The two (quantised)
> frequencies on either side give me nothing. So going up double the
> step size would have been a bad idea (if I understand how these tools are
> supposed to work...)

Half-british, one can tell ;) According to www.dba.org.au, that channel is
at 191.625MHz. Seems like Australia frequencies fit better in a 62.5kHz
raster. You could try modifying the frontend driver to have it use the
62.5kHz PLL step size instead of the 166.667kHz one which is used for the
UK twisted frequencies. The "clean" center frequencies we use here in
Germany fit perfectly into both rasters :)

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net