[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with low signal strength

--On Tuesday, June 24, 2003 12:51:51 PM +0200 gfiala@s.netic.de wrote:

Zitiere Michael Schaefer <michael.schaefer@init-bs.com>:
transponders is rather low. It is enough to get a lock, but sometimes
the
lock is lost. Which is of cause not a problem of the driver, but I
experience strange behaviour in that cases, which range from outcom
errors
to StopHwFilter errors, Frozen pictures that do not recover after the
lock
is back and Arm crashes.
I have exaclty the same problem as above outcom, HWFilter, Arm crashs
+ kernel oops'es in various modules (that seems to be random)
+ keyboardtable get's crashed (mouse stays often usable),
+ no more processes can be startet
+ there seem to be problems with a steady higher sysload than with lock
- it seems anything go's haywire :-((
Well, it's not that bad for me. I do not have regular kernel oops'es, nor the other problems you mention.

My application just does not work properly anymore as it is not able to read any data from the demux fd's anymore and it is not reliable to tune to another transponder. That later sometimes works and the problem solves itself, but that is more or less random and might depend on how confused the firmware (wild guess .) is.

I can always get stuff running again unloading the driver and reloading it.

Michael

--- Michael Schaefer
| I N | INIT GmbH
| N T | Am Oelper Berge 9
--- 38114 Braunschweig

Never attribute to malice what could as well be explained by stupidity.
- Hanlons razor -