[linux-dvb] grr.. Any DVB-T adaptors which work reliably?

OK, so I have bought into the whole idea that digital tv is a great thing.
I have a cheepo Freeview box (DVB-T in the UK) which for me at least gives
me normal terrestrial TV but at much higher quality.  So I would now like to
go the next step and build a Tivo type thing and drive the TV using a PC -
however, I just can't get this wretched TT DVB-T 1.2 card to work reliably
at all!!

Has ANYONE managed to get a DVB-T card working with VDR in a completely
reliable way?  What did you need to do?  The problem I am facing (and many
others it seems) is that the TT DVB-T card falls over constantly and the
frontend locks up when you change channel more than a few times.  It's not
clear if this is a problem with motherboard/powersupply/heat, etc, or
whether this card is simply fundamentally flawed.

...So PLEASE - if SOMEONE has actually got a working setup with a DVB-T
(full featured card) and VDR then please can you speak up so at least I can
get an idea if I am unlucky or whether this card really is a heap of junk.

Is it alternatively possible to add a budget card and use that exclusively
in vdr instead?  Something like making vdr ignore the full featured card
except for output of the tv signal (I'm straying OT here...)

Alternatively are there any other full featured cards for DVB-T yet..?

Thanks all

Ed Wildgoose