[linux-dvb] Re: Usage of linux dvb driver

Muthu Kumaran R. wrote:

>  I am trying to using the linux dvb driver for only playback of the
>  mpeg ot ts files. I had used the /apps/test/test_av_play  for this
>  and i had given one .mpg file as the command line argument say
>  "./test_av_play  sam.mpg".  I had given the log of the output below,
>  now my doubts and questions are
>
>  1) Is it ok give an .mpg file as input or i need to give only ts file?

test_av_play plays A+V PES files (i.e. audio PES and video PES packets
intermixed), like recordings created with VDR.

A very simple playback test program for TS is test_dvr_play.

>  3) Where will the decoded video ouput will go? -> Is decoded video
>  data is in the video memory of the DVB card, if so how to display
>  that data.

Use e.g. xawtv.

> In summary, since i don't have dish right now i am trying to use the
> linux dvb driver as a player kind of stuff by giving .mpg or .ts as
> input, but no video output in the terminal.

Try ntuxplayer (from the tuxzap package).
http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html

Johannes