[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 recommended for UK?

At 13:42 07/07/2003, you wrote:
Which sounds great, but I've trawled the archives for this list and the 1.2 version uses the SP8870 chip. Now I do believe the dvb driver now supports this chip, and I remember a post which says this card works great in Berlin. But there was a big thread a few months back about problems with the card hanging when maybe changing multiplexors for UK freeview. Were these problems ever solved? Is there anyone out there with a 1.2 DVB-T in the UK who can recommend the card, or should I stick with my current setup, or perhaps something else?
I've used a 1.2 DVB-T Nova budget (!) card fine with current drivers / firmware and a full featured sat card for decoding (strong signal on sat card required so it doesn't ARM crash - but I'm hoping this will be fixed in the firmware / driver one of these days).

There appear to be issues with the full featured version of the DVB-T 1.2 card but I don't think it has been established whether it's a problem with some of the cards or even a single card. Neither is there much info on whether it's a driver / firmware problem - which I guess is hard to test as the generally quite stable 0.9.4 drivers (they don't appear to mind reception errors or no signal too much) didn't support the full featured DVB-T card? Edward Wildgoose will know more about this, I'm sure.