[linux-dvb] 2.6-test1 kernels and CVS driver, kernel preemption

Hello all,

I've added the patches that I've just send to Linus Torvalds and the Linux Kernel Mailing list to the CVS under "patches-2.6".

These patches add the latest Linuxtv.org CVS changes to the official kernel and will hopefully be applied.

The only driver still missing is the "bt8xx" driver for the Nebula cards, because there are problems to fit that one in. 8-( If already contacted the author, but if anyone is really interested in getting it in, please tell me so.

If somebody is realling trying these patches out and has some additional spare time: please compile your kernel with and without kernel preemption support.

There have been reports that kernel preemption leads to DEBI oops and GPIO oops messages. Please send any feedback regarding this issue to the mailing list. Thanks!

CU
Michael.