[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with multiple tda1004x based NOVA-T cards

On Thursday 24 July 2003 8:13 am, you wrote:
> OK, I think I have found the problem, well at least located it:-
>
> In dvb_frontend.c there is a function "dvb_bend_frequency" which
> apparently stops two cards from interfering with each other when they
> are tuned to the same frequency. I commented out the function and now
> both cards work fine.
>
> Anyone got any thoughts?

I remember Andrew de Quincy (sorry if I messed up the spelling of your
surname!) talking about this before on the list, but in relation to the older
Nova-T Grundig frontend...

At the time he'd tried 3 or 4 cards all tuned to the same freq in the same
machine and noticed no ill side-effects regarding stability of signal
quality, so commented the code out in a patch he sent...  Perhaps the bending
is only relevant to DVB-S or DVB-C...

I don't think you're going to kill anything by also commenting this code out
=)

Cheers,
Gavin.